The Arkansas Insurance Department takes very seriously its mission of “consumer protection.” We believe part of that mission is carried out when consumers are equipped to make informed decisions. The following brochures are designed to provide basic information. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us.
Click here to request a printed copy of a brochure listed below, please include your mailing address or e-mail address if you prefer electronic format.
- Arkansas's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") Provides a summary of Arkansas's HIPAA and a list of related laws.
- Automobile Insurance Lists and explains the types of coverage that are available, explains how to file a claim, and how to shop for automobile insurance.
- Basic Shopping Tips for Insurance Consumers Provides general shopping tips to use when purchasing life, health, or property and casualty insurance.
- Buying Viatical Settlements Helps consumers understand the buying of viatical settlements and how the coverage works.
- Choosing An Insurance Agent Explains the different types of agents and provides some basic tips to use when selecting an agent.
- COBRA Explains who is and who is not covered under COBRA, the length of coverage, qualifying events, and notice requirements.
- Helpful Tips for Before and After the Storm Designed to help you understand the storm coverage you need before the storm, and what to do to protect your interests after the storm.
- Insurance Tips for Arkansas Consumers English Spanish Provides some basic information and definitions of Life Insurance, Group Health Insurance, Automobile Insurance, and Homeowners Insurance.
- Inventory Checklist English Spanish Homeowners, are you prepared? An inventory checklist designed to assist you in preparing a list of all your household possessions.
- Selling Your Life Insurance Policy: Understanding Life Settlements English Spanish Explains basic life settlements and your options concerning selling your life insurance policy.
- Selling Your Life Insurance Policy: Understanding Viatical Settlements English Spanish Explains basic viatical settlements and the options you have concerning the sale of your life insurance policy.
- Understanding How Insurers Use Credit Information English Spanish Explains why and how insurers use credit information, how your credit history affects your insurance premiums, and potential ways to improve your credit score.
- Understanding Your Insurance Policy Explains why and how insurers use credit information, how your credit history affects your insurance premiums, and potential ways to improve your credit score.
- When A Disaster Strikes English Spanish Designed to answer questions most commonly asked about settling disaster-related homeowners insurance claims
Brochures for these topics can be found on the NAIC website:
- A Shopper’s Guide to Cancer Insurance - Information on how a cancer policy works, its limitations and requirements.
- Buyer’s Guide to Fixed Deferred Annuities - Explains the different types of annuities and specifics of Fixed Deferred.
- Consumers Guide to Home Insurance - Provides homeowners, renters and mobile homeowners with the information they need to purchase the correct coverage for their property.
- Consumers Guide to Earthquake Insurance - Provides information on how to make decisions when you buy earthquake insurance.
- Life Insurance Buyer’s Guide - Explains the basic types of life insurance, addresses how much insurance you need, provides definitions for policy terms, and how to find a good value in life insurance.
- Life Insurance Information for Military Personnel - Information and tips tailored to the unique challenges faced by U.S. military personnel and their families when purchasing life insurance.