To register on the SHIP Technical Assistance Center (SHIP TA Center):
- Go to https://www.shiptacenter.org/.
- Click on the blue SHIP Login box at the top of the page.
- Click on the green Submit request to be a Registered User box under Not a Registered User.
- Complete the required information on the Account Sign-up page and click the register box at the bottom.
- You will receive an email at the email address you entered to confirm that it is a working email.
1. You must confirm your email address through the link provided in the message within 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact the SHIIP office to have the email resent.
- Once you have confirmed your email address, the State SHIIP Office will approve your registration and schedule you for the four required exams.
Taking the Certified counselor exam through the Online Counselor Certification Tool
- Login to the SHIP TA Center.
- Click on the green Counselor Training and Certification (OCCT) button at the top of the page below the page title. This link takes you to the Online Counselor Certification and Training (OCCT) page.
- Click on the Certification Tool link at the top of the OCCT page will open the SHIP TA Center to schedule your exam, The Certification Tool will also be provided at the end of each course.
- If you cannot access the exam scheduled, please contact the AR SHIIP Medicare education coordinator to have them schedule the exam for you.
- You must pass the AR SHIIP counselor certification exam with a passing score of 80%.